Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Bacon for Brunch

While traveling to Philadelphia today on the Pennsylvania Turnpike, I safely zipped by 6 cops. Thanks to good ol' cruise control I was able to maintain a just-less-than-tempting 72 mph speed, keeping me out of reach of any purposeless ticketing.
I've been back and forth all day as to whether I should be pissed that there were 6 cops (actually, there were 5 regular state cops and one undercover, maroon-colored vehicle) out on the turnpike between the hours of 10am and 2pm.
On the one hand, the idea that I had to avoid getting pegged with a $100+ fine just for cruising at a reasonable speed on a 3 lane superhighway is enough to get on my nerves. Then again, it makes me feel better knowing that I've never seen so much bacon during my regular turnpike-traveling time.
So, as long as they're willing to stick to their side of the deal and make certain to work the hardest on humpday during ciesta, I think I'll let it slide.

No comments: