Tuesday, April 25, 2006

La Basorouse


La Basorouse
Originally uploaded by Geis.

Dinner was a little bit more formal tonight.
I wandered into Old Montreal after the Agile Development With HCI class. I was amazed with how few people were over there, but was lucky enough to find Chez Suzette still open.
Everything at Suzette's comes in a Crepe. When I spotted La Basorouse which is a crepe stuffed with bacon, avocado, and sour cream, I decided to test Denovich's theory that 'any meal with bacon in it is a good meal'.
It was good stuff. I precluded the meal with a bowl of baked french onion soup. Also very good.
At the end of the meal, I got into a bit of a discussion with the waiter and eventually decided to ask what La Basorouse referred to. He said that it sort of meant like 'a meal of german liking'. I told him I just wanted to make sure it didn't mean 'A Fat American' (you know, with the bacon and everything) and that I fell right into the trap. He assured me that this wasn't the case.
He brought up the conference and we briefly discussed it. The woman at the table next to me wanted to make sure that there were representatives from Microsoft at the CHI conference because 'they usually dont do a good job with understanding what the user wants'. I ensured her of their presence.

No comments: