Monday, April 24, 2006

This Weather is so French


It's Crappy Out
Originally uploaded by Geis.

Est-ce que je peux avoir mon ticket de caisse?

Now that Vocollect has removed the per diem policy, I have to remember to get my check when done eating.

So far, I find myself marveling in my ability to spit out half-baked french sentences to the waitresses and have them actually respond to me in french, that I never remember to ask pour le ticket de caisse.

I've found out that by attempting to speak french, I simply put myself in a worse position because I often cannot decipher the return response. I then have to say something very obviously English so that they realize that I know about 10-12 commonly used phrases which I am pre-pending to an oftenly multi-lingual noun in hopes to saying something meaningful.

Oh well, so far I've spend about $12 that Vocollect won't have to worry about. But I'm staying at the Delta (Centre-Ville: in case you care to look it up) and living it large, which I can hardly complain about...

Oh yea, it's been terrible weather-wise. Hopefully things clear up so I get a chance to take some nice shots.

No comments: